Travel Insurance Direct (TID) is Australian owned and operated. They’re been in business since 2005, and have provided cover for over one million Australians.
They offer single and annual multi-trip policies, and and cover laptops, tablets and cameras (up to $4,000), and cover pre-existing conditions like pregnancy, asthma, diabetes (and 40 others, but note that some conditions may apply).
- We found the website easy to use and navigate
- They offer a travel insurance policy if you’ve already left Australia. Other than World Nomads, we haven’t yet found another company that offers a policy where you do not need to be leaving, or returning to, Australia to buy travel insurance
- You can make a claim online on their website
- Kids travel free (dependent children or grandchildren under the age of 21 at the date your policy is issued, who are travelling with you)
- We found their website to be a little oversimplified for our taste. If you’re looking for annual insurance, for example, you’ll need to find the small link in the footer to go directly to the information on annual insurance
Travel Insurance Direct Coupon Campaign Code
The Travel Insurance Direct coupons that were valid for us were TIDSAVE (a 6% discount) and TID5414 (5% discount). There’s a place to enter your discount code in the Have a campaign code? section on the second page of your quote.
Travel Insurance Direct Plans
Travel Insurance Direct offers policies for single trips, families, and annual policies. They also offer add-on cover for skiing or snow sports, and an option to add extra cover for valuable items.
Plans offer coverage for unlimited overseas medical expenses, medical evacuation, unlimited trip cancellation, and rental car excess of $4,000 (with the option to add more).
Travel Insurance Direct offers special rates for group travel, but you’ll need to contact them directly.
The Bottom line
Travel Insurance Direct is one of Australia’s most popular travel insurance companies.
Policies and coverage can change at any time, without warning. This article is only intended as general advice. Please check your own policy carefully and visit the Travel Insurance Direct website for up to date information.
You can get a quote on the Travel Insurance Direct website.